Thursday, March 1, 2012

|nine|

I feel terrible. My body has been drained of every ounce of energy. I cannot breathe well, and my nose is clogged with mucus. I’ve been moved into a new room, but the kennel is the same size as the other one. This room is full of cats like myself: sneezing, hacking, tired.

They still clean up my habitat once per day, giving me food, fresh water, and a clean litter pan. They also force this disgusting liquid down my throat twice per day. It tastes like dirt and gives me a stomach ache. I hate it.

Most of the time, I sleep. I’ve been having strange dreams. Sometimes I’m back in the little bathroom, playing with the water faucet and trying to look out the window. Then I’m outside in the cold, looking for a trash can to find something to eat. Then I’m a kitten playing near a tree, but the tree is indoors. There are shiny toys dangling from the tree. I drift between these dreams, and reality. The reality is: I’m sick, I’m bored, and I’m trapped.

I’m beginning to feel hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment