Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Classmates’ Projects In Review

My Classmates’ Projects In Review

Brunel’s Ghost

I have to admit, I had a hard time understanding what this character was about at first. This is what I gather: Isambard Kingdom Brunel was an engineer in the 1800s. This blog seeks to promote history by creating a “ghost” voice for Brunel, and proposes to integrate Brunel’s life into the modern day by creating an interactive tour where participants can visit a variety of places linked to Brunel’s legacy. Is that right?

I suppose, if this were a “real” project, the creator would have to get permission from the estate to use Brunel’s likeness. I’m not sure, though.

What I like about this project is that it promotes a specific historical figure. Re-enactments and the like are right up my alley. Making history “come alive,” for students as well as the general public, is a worthy endeavor.

Dvosara Ten

The concept of Dvosara was very difficult for me to grasp, mostly (I think) due to the writing style. I had a hard time understanding the posts, and my inability to decipher the language made me feel unintelligent. However, I persisted with reading each post and eventually got some idea of the character.

From what I understand, Dvosara is a character somewhere out there in space. She has found a way to contact earth’s internet, but she doesn’t know for sure that the information is current or if earth even exists. Still, she continues to communicate just in case it does exist. I think we (the readers) are supposed to become thoughtful and introspective after reading her posts. We are supposed to look at ourselves in a new light. I’m not 100% sure this is the intention, but that’s how perceived the writings.

Other Comments:

Uptown She: I loved your voice and appreciated your ability to use humor to grab my attention.

Bumpnoggin: Your pitch video was excellent.

ComTechSolider: I liked your critique of a social media campaign. You took a popular television show and analyzed its ability to communicate with its audience. Nice job.

Passion For Paws: Love your topic!

1 comment:

  1. Zero,

    You are a kind kitty. Thank you for stopping by the blog.

    ComTechSoldier

    ReplyDelete